Why “No Contract” SEO Works Best
The services of a Search Engine Optimization consultant are wide and varied. If you were to look at a list of Best Practices it would include about 20 major topics with dozens of sub-headings. The goal of working through all these SEO requirements is to please your prospective readers who may become your customers.
Since this is such an in-depth and complicated topic there are many approaches, and most of them will take time to gain traction with Google and other search engines. You will, however, have a gut feeling of whether your site overall is gaining more leads and satisfying more people. If you don’t see the proper amount of effort and the results are not where you’d want them to be, you do not want to be stuck with your current provider until the 12 months elapse on your contract.
Our Top 7 Reasons for Not Hiring an SEO Company On Contract:
- SEO may not work on your site. SEO can be unpredictable. It simply may not work on your current website.
- SEO misunderstandings are common. SEO is vaguely defined by many people. Ask your SEO consultant to provide you with their definition of SEO. Make sure that you and they are on the same page.
- SEO has a time delay. Perfecting SEO takes a lot of time and talent. Ask your SEO company salesperson how many full-time people they have on staff.
- Are they able to deliver on time? If they do not have a minimum of two people in Content and two in IT, they probably will not be timely in making updates.
- If no prior experience, you may want out sooner than later. SEO can require a lot of testing. Does the SEO company that you are interviewing have enough staff to test what they are recommending? Have they used it on another website before? Are they familiar with the results?
- Key team member churn. How long have the people you are working with been there? If they leave, who will you be working with?
- Who will perform the SEO work? Do they have their own staff or contract it out? Quality often suffers if work is outsourced, not to mention the time lag.
There are many firms that work without a contract. Check them out. Compare them. See which one is a good fit for you. Besides our companies, OttawayDigital.com and UnbundledSEO.com, consider tophatrank.com, attract.click, zagoumenov.com, makeitactive.com, oneclickwi.com and reputableseomarketing.com. All of these companies offer “No Contract SEO Services.”