GOOGLE ALGORITHMS GIVE “BRANDS” AUTHORITY. AUTHORITY PROVIDES BETTER PAGE RANK. Our studies at OttawayDigital.com indicate a heavy weighting by Google for Brands. Nowhere is it recommended by Google that you create a registered trademark of your business name, but sites with registered trademarks in their content seem to outrank others. We believe it’s worth the time and money to get a leg up, especially if your site faces entrenched competition. Here’s all you need to do:
- Go to USPTO.gov.
- Click on the Research Database to make sure no other entity has registered your name.
- Click on the Register Online option.
- Complete the form. (There are 10 helpful short videos to show you how.)
- Submit form with $225 for streamlined process application.
- Wait about 6 months for approval.
Call our Help Line 9-5 EDT M-F if you need free support: (248) 637-4600. Happy Selling!
The author, Bob Ottaway, is President and Founder of Ottaway Digital. Established in 1999, it has been a pioneer in SEO, digital advertising & social media since 2006.