We don’t need to be the ones to tell you this because it is no secret! Online video marketing is growing and is showing no signs of slowing down. It is predicted that by the year 2019, 80% of online content will be video. Metro Detroit businesses are focusing and allocating more money into creating effective marketing videos. Hopefully, by this time your business has some sort of plan incorporating digital video marketing into your marketing plan. Why else would you be here?
So Why Web Video?
Before jumping into the fun stuff, we need to remind you of the video marketing benefits that come from a great web marketing video. By not having a effective marketing video you are missing out on a huge channel for gaining customers. If you follow our successful video marketing tips, your video will:
- Boost Conversions and Sales: Obviously, the main goal of every businesses marketing strategy is to gain more sales and conversions. Adding a video on one of your landing pages can possibly increase conversions by 80%. This is not only in Detroit, but throughout the U.S.
- Appeal to Mobile Users: People spend a lot of time watching videos on their phones. As people continue to stream and watch video, the bigger the opportunity you will have to grow your audience. Since 90% of consumers watch videos on their phone, a video will help you reach more potential customers.
- Improve SEO: Having video on your site increases the amount of time people spend on your site. When ranking websites, Google takes into account the duration people spend on your site. Wehn someone spends time on your site a signal is sent to Google telling them that you have good, valuable content. This will result in a increase of page rank.
- Build Brand Trust: Another goal all businesses have is building trust with clientele. The goal of content marketing is to creating long-term relationships. Video engages emotions and creates a conversation with your audience. You want people talking about your business and video is one of the best tools used to ignite the conversation.
- Encourage Social Sharing: People are more likely to share videos they enjoy with friends and family. People tend to share videos when they are emotionally moved by the content. That being said, the more entertaining your video is, the greater chance it will be shared on social networks.
The Best Video Marketing Tips For Metro Detroit Business
Having done many web marketing videos ourselves in our tiny studio near Somerset Mall, we have learned what works and what doesn’t. With our insight and expertise from video marketers, we have compiled a list of the best practices and video marketing strategies that we implement while creating web marketing videos. These are our video marketing tips for 2018:
- Tell a Story:
When creating a video, you need to steer clear of the salesmen pitch. An effective video needs to appeal to a customer’s emotions, needs and desires. The purpose is to make the customer feel a connection with the what they are watching. A great story teller can sell someone on anything.
- Make the Introduction Stand Out:
There is no denying it, today our attention spans are not the greatest. People have a hard time focusing on anything longer than 10 seconds. This means the first few seconds make or break the video. Use the introduction to grab the viewer. Having a “wow” factor at the beginning of your video will keep the viewer’s attention.
- Have Fun With It:
Video gives you the opportunity to create any form of content. There are plenty of types of marketing videos out there that should spark your creativity. Interviews, animations, event videos and live video are just a few of the different types of videos you can create. The more engaged you are with creating the video the better the final product will turn out.
- Be Original:
Every time you create a new web marketing video, you have the potential to create a piece of content that is completely new in nature. Nobody likes copy-cats and you shouldn’t be resorting to duplicating content anyways. Originality gives the marketing video a personality and will have a greater connection with the viewers.
- Educate the Audience:
Take this tip as a way to engage your audience. You don’t necessarily have to lecture your audience but find a creative message that will stick with them. By communicating something that the viewer will remember, the greater the chances they will remember your product or service that you are selling. By giving tips, facts or other forms of information will increase your chances of being remembered in the future.
- Build the Brand:
A web marketing video is the perfect opportunity to give your audience a visual for what your brand is all about. Build your brand through the video marketing channel. Video allows you to visually express your company’s mission, values, purpose, etc. Whether you’re Art Van, ABC Warehouse or a sole proprietor, your video can be a very effective sales channel.
- Mobile Friendly:
People are glued to their phones. With more people using mobile devices like smartphones and tablets, it’s critical to make your web video mobile friendly. It should be formatted and uploaded with the mobile thought in mind. Giving people the ability to stream or download your video increases the chances of it being viewed and shared amongst others.
- Think About SEO:
Google loves video content. When creating and uploading your video, write a description that will maximize the SEO value. Creating a description and title tag that has relevant keywords or phrases will boost your video’s SEO. Google will reward you for an effective video campaign.
- Include a Call to Action:
You see this all the time with YouTube personalities. At some point while you are viewing a video you will be asked to subscribe or sign up for someone’s channel or website. You need to be doing this as well with your web marketing videos. A call to action can grow your subscribers and mailing list.
- Keep It Short:
Viewers don’t have time nor the interest to sit through long videos. We have already stated that our attention spans today are not what they use to be. So, keep it short but effective. Tell a story and be original. Educate your audience and have fun! The most creative and effective commercials and videos are merely just a few minutes long.
The author, Bob Ottaway, is President and Founder of Ottaway Digital. Established in 1999, it has been a pioneer in SEO, digital advertising & social media since 2006.