Search Engine Optimization of websites has been around since the mid-2000s. If you’re just hearing about it, it is either because you’ve tried to ignore it, your site has not been performing up to your expectations or you just weren’t all that interested. You’re probably here today because your site’s performance is no longer acceptable to you, or you just want to make sure you know the latest.
That’s why we’re here: To keep you up-to-date on the latest.
So what’s the latest and will it help my Detroit area business? The answer is emphatically “YES!” and here’s why:
- GOOGLE IS CONSTANTLY CHANGING ITS ALGORITHMS. Google is a private company and it does not want to cede any of its users to Microsoft or Yahoo, among others. Thus, it is constantly improving its product to stay ahead of all the others.
- What does this mean for you? Your site will constantly need to be managed to make sure the new changes at Google benefit the page rank of your site, and not penalize it.
- What does this mean for you? Your page content must be well written, deep in meaning and filled with useful information to get the higher page rank.
- What does this mean for you? Your SEO company should be writing the pages of your site with these terms in mind, and adding all useful tools to meet these standards to get a high page rank.
- What does this mean for you? No two SEO companies seem to offer all of the same services, so it is very difficult to compare companies on price without knowing what services are included. The services should cover all of the known Google ranking factors. If they don’t, you’re not going to rank high.
- What does this mean for you? Leverage! The ability to move on if you deem it necessary.
- What does this mean for you? Higher engagement with your prospects through up-to-date informational videos.
- What does this mean for you? You don’t want to be the test site for your SEO partner. It will be costly monetarily and time-wise. SEO results don’t come overnight anyway, so if your SEO company does not have any real experience, you are now their guinea pig.
- What does this mean for you? Save time. Consistent results. Seamless communication.
- What does this mean for you? A better product because you’re talking to the designer first-hand. That way you get what you want in the first place, and without delay.
- What does this mean for you? Collaboration suffers and you really can’t get them all together without renting a hotel room at the Ren Cen, or crowding into a Starbucks. Actually, the Starbucks Reserve at Old Woodward and Maple is big enough, but not really all that quiet for a serious meeting.
— SEO is not getting any easier. It’s actually getting harder as more companies hire SEO specialists and the competition for Google PageRank heats up. Remember when there were two or three jewelry stores in downtown Birmingham? Now there are 10.
— Entry into SEO can seem to be expensive for some firms as spending a couple of thousand dollars a month on their website is foreign to them.
— In 2020 more and more firms will “give in” and hire an SEO specialist as they see the need to be found online becoming more and more vital. Adding another channel of revenue only makes sense.
— Detroit businesses have hundreds of SEO firms to choose from, and hopefully this article will make your due diligence a lot easier. Good luck and choose well!
The author, Bob Ottaway, is President and Founder of Ottaway Digital. Established in 1999, it has been a pioneer in SEO, digital advertising & social media since 2006.