SEO FACTS FROM OTTAWAY DIGITAL
How the rich get richer on Google… It’s by backlinking. A “backlink” is a link to your website from a website you don’t own. The higher the authority with Google the third-party websites linking to your website have, the more authority that link will pass along to your website. Google bases your website’s position on how much authority it has as determined by Google’s preset determinations (also called algorithms).
Think of it this way:
- The greater the number of your website’s backlinks, the more page authority you have.
- The more page authority you have, the higher your site appears in Google.
- The higher your site appears in Google, the greater the number of visitors.
- The greater the number of visitors, the greater the amount of your potential revenue.
- As your site ranks higher, the greater the number of other websites that will want to link to your website, which produces a domino effect of continuous growth. Hence, “the rich get richer.”